Our Senior Fitness Test (SFT) is a narrated educational video course designed to provide information regarding the determination of Senior overall fitness status. At the end of each module there are review questions to test the learner’s understanding of the information provided. Our Senior Fitness Tests are based on peer reviewed studies from numerous medical articles from peer reviewed magazines. The Senior Fitness Test (SFT) combines various exercise tests with physical measurements in order to safely assess a senior’s overall level of fitness. The software automatically generates a rich yet easy-to-understand report analyzing body composition, flexibility and posture, muscle strength, balance and motor coordination, and speed and agility. The SFT assigns a straightforward fitness grade to each area, which are combined together into an overall fitness grade. The SFT’s trackable improvements and comparison feature motivates individuals to get fit. The SFT’s easy-to-understand health report makes planning a fitness regimen easy. Organizations can set clear program goals based on concrete data. Individuals can clearly understand their risks and how to improve. The SFT software accounts for performance norms for senior men and women aged 60-94. Upon the completion of this course you will understand the differences between these two types of FCE’s and how they are implemented in “return to work” and disability determinations.
This course will teach you how to correctly implement all techniques & procedures used during an SFT and how to make sound and professional interpretations of the results. It will also ensure your competence in the use of all evaluative instruments required during an SFT. These instruments and procedures are peer reviewed for reliability, validity, and widely accepted in the medical health field. You will be trained to administer and produce an individualized SFT report that meets today’s standards. The webFCE Software will be utilized during the course as a training tool.
Satisfactory course completion as an assessment of learned outcomes includes:
- Participation of our 3 hour educational course and live demo.
- Knowledge of the SFT Procedure Manual.
- Performance and critique of a senior fitness test.
- Completion of certification examination with a score of 70% or better.
The purpose of this course is to provide comprehensive and up to date research based information to medical professionals who are interested in performing functional capacity evaluations and to widen the scope of the services they provide to the injured worker population. A good knowledge base of what an SFT encompasses & its purposes will arm clinicians and clinic managers with the ability to understand when an SFT is appropriate and how to communicate that information with referral sources (ie. physicians, lawyers, case managers, work wellness programs, assisted living facilities and acute care hospitals).
To provide learner information regarding:
- How to perform an SFT to encompass validity and reliability to support your examination findings.
- Knowledge and understanding of the various fitness related test procedures and components in a SFT.
- Implement and use the various evaluation instruments and procedures conducted during a SFT.
- Identify and select the most accepted evidence based SFT testing methodologies within the literature.
- Incorporate standardized tests and measures to meet the highest of SFT documentation standards.
- Compare and analyze the latest SFT performance techniques from peer reviewed literature.
- Knowledge and understanding of the various the population specific aspects of SFT’s requested by referrals.
- Exposure to Return of Investment aspects in Work Wellness programs.
- Correctly administer and record vital signs to maintain safety of the individual being tested.
- Understand and perform the various tests and measures that are part of a comprehensive SFT to insure accuracy of report findings.
- Awareness and compliance with safety measures required when evaluating a healthy senior population or unhealthy senior population.
- Be proficient in the of the implementation of the webFCE SFT software.
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapists Assistants, Chiropractors, Exercise Physiologists, Medical Doctors, Registered Nurses, and Athletic Trainers.
$499 per person – on demand (pre-recorded); $599 per person – Live in person; $599 per person – Live Webinar.
3 hours/3 CEUs.