Grow Your Clientele and Increase Revenue With webFCE’s Functional Fitness Testing (FFT) Software!
Willingness to get fit and live a healthy life is growing at an exponential rate. The functional fitness test (FFT) is a simple, and easy-to-use battery of fitness-related examinations used to help patients get fitter.
The FFT can track an individual’s progress over time, allowing individuals to monitor and evaluate their lifestyle habits such as diet, exercise, stress management, and sleep patterns on a continual basis. Functional fitness testing can be offered to any individual between the ages of 18 and 94, and can help businesses gain loyal clients who will come back to your clinic for regular testing.
Functional fitness testing evaluates an individual’s fitness level based on age and gender-related norms and also identifies key risk areas that can lead to injury.
What Types of Businesses Can Benefit From Offering Functional Fitness Testing (FFT)?
Healthcare providers across a broad range of fields can offer functional fitness testing, including:
- Physical therapists/Occupational therapists
- Sports medicine professionals
- Exercise physiologists
Professionals who specialize in athletics can also offer FFT, such as:
- Athletic trainers
- Certified personal trainers
- Certified strength and conditioning specialists
What Does a Functional Fitness Test Consist Of?
The functional fitness test examines 4 or 5 key areas of an individual’s overall level of fitness health, including:
- Body composition
- Flexibility and posture
- Muscle strength, power, and endurance
- Balance and motor coordination
- Speed and agility
How Does a Functional Fitness Test Work?
- Pre-screen—your client fills out a questionnaire to determine whether they qualify for the test. Vital signs are taken. If they fail, physician consent is recommended.
- Test selection—the healthcare or fitness professional determines the type of exam they want to perform: a mini (15 min) exam, a moderate (20-25 min) exam, or a comprehensive (30-35 min) exam. The software will then select the appropriate tests (based on age and sex) from peer-reviewed medical journals.
- Perform the fitness screen—a health or fitness professional conducts the various tests on the client.
- Email or print the report—generate a report and share the results with the client.
- Exercise program design—a health or fitness professional then designs an exercise program for the client based on the test results.
Equipment Needed to Perform a Functional Fitness Test (FFT)
|ITEM||FCE TEST||PRICE RANGE||PICTURE|
|Scale (Weight)||Weight||$10.00 – $150.00|
|Tape Measure, Yard Stick||
Sit & Reach,
|$4.50 – $20.00|
Heart Rate Monitor (HR App to Blood
Pressure Cuff, etc)
|Heart Rate measurement||$10.00 – $50.00|
|Blood Pressure Monitor or Cuff||Blood Pressure measurement|
|Stop Watch||All Timed Tests||$0 (built into software or use an App)|
|Standard Chair (No cushions) approx 46 cm in height||Sit to stand test Get up and Go Chair Sit & Reach||$30.00 – $100.00|
|Treadmill or Walking/Running Track||Cardio-respiratory tests (Optional)||$0 (walking Track) – $1000.00|
5 pound and 8 pound
|Arm Curl Test||$5.00 – $10.00|
|Duct Tape Roll or Similar Tape||
Sit & Reach,
Figure of Eight
Sit up Test,
|$0 (built into software or use an App)|
|Sit-and-Reach Box (Zero point at 23 or 26 cm) Or Home made version||Sit & Reach
|$0.00 – $100.00|
|Pair of Cones (Two)||Figure of Eight
|$10.00 – $20.00|
|Step Stool||Step Test
40 cm (16 in)
33 cm (13 in)
|$10.00 – $20.00|
|4 Canes||4 Square Step Test
|$30.00 – $40.00|
|Density Foam Pad||Modified Romberg
|$15.00 – $20.00|
|Jamar Grip Dynamometer (Optional)||Hand Strength
|$100.00 – $260.00|
|Box & Block Device
|Box and Block Test
|$180.00 – $250.00|
|1 Piece of Rigid Foam Pad 50 cm x 55 cm x
0.4 cm Along with 6 cm diameter paper circles
|Upper Body Ergometer||Cardio-respiratory